Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo

Forums dedicated to the PFS for Solano county and Yolo.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

Gold Coins : 4613

a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) Empty
PostSubject: a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;)   a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 3:40 am

well since i have to stay up until 6 am any way may as well post this magus build:
stats: PFS legal standard point buy (20)
str 7 -4 yeah a -2 to str sounds worse then it is.
dex 16 10 +2 human for me
con 14 5
int 16 10
wiz 13 3
cha 7 -4
add in racials for which ever race you choose

feats: **(human)arcane strike ONLY IN PFS! because using this as a magus in a 1-20 game will ruin your ability to use critical strike which you get at level 12 (1)WEAPON FINESSE!!!!(3)dervish dance(5)maximized spellstrike(b) quickdraw(7)intensified spell, maxed and empowered 10d6 shocking grasp anyone?(9)persistent spell (11)destructive disspell (b)quicken if you want to or selective is also a good choice, and disruptive is my favorite because of the ability to shut casters down for a turn.

magus arcana:
(3)i like wand wielder, but you will get more use out of arcane accuracy(6)empowered magic<-one hit kill: maximized, empowered, 10d6 shocking grasp as a 2th level spell intensified spell meta magic feats, not to mention that if you mix this with spell strike you will have a 15-20 crit range with a spell thats already dealing 60+50% of 10d6, weapon damage+modifiers and they get no save. pretty crazy huh?(9)hasted assult<--free haste??? awesome(12)critical strike

and there you have it a magus that can make any mother proud

this is the feat DERVISH DANCE
Prerequisites: Dexterity 13, Weapon Finesse, Perform (dance) 2 ranks, proficient with scimitar.

Benefit: When wielding a scimitar with one hand, you can use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on melee attack and damage rolls. You treat the scimitar as a one-handed piercing weapon for all feats and class abilities that require such a weapon (such as a duelist’s precise strike ability). The scimitar must be for a creature of your size. You cannot use this feat if you are carrying a weapon or shield in your off hand.

How to play this character:
level 1. try to stay away from spell combat for the first level. by taking arcane strike and weapon finesse you can ignore strength completely. with arcane pool, arcane strike and your dex of +4 you can gain a +6 to hit at low levels. mind you, you only hit for 1d6 lol. it sucks i know but at third level it gets better i promise. shield is your spell of choice at this level to make your ac a 22(+4 from chain shirt, +4 dex and +4 shield spell) average npc will only be hitting for a +4 so you should be safe from AOO's until 4th level

level 2. this is where you see the awesomeness start to manifest. by using arcane mark (with spell strike) you can use spell combat to effectively gain TWF for free. not bad if you ask me. like i stated before use your judgement, but dont feel like you have to cast defensively.

level 3. this is where you make people mad. you will attack every round with a +9 (+2 BAB,+1 arcane strike,+1 arcane pool, +4 dex and a MW scimitar, then arcane accuracy if you choose to use it knocking up your total to hit to +12)for 1d6+6 or as a full round 2x(1d6+6) using spell strike. that means you will hit harder then just about every other physical damage class in the group, mind you people can beat you but it will rare. then you have the option to add in a shocking grasp instead of an arcane mark to add in 3d6 on top when you need it.

level 5. this is the level when you just dont care about concentration checks and should use level 1 touch spells with maximized spellstrike. later on you can add on metamagic feats to really turn your damage into a wrecking ball. from here on out its pretty self explanatory, cast spells and smash face.

Last edited by steven k on Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:49 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: druid fun   a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:10 am

man druids are so awesome im having serious trouble choosing which one i want to post.

Last edited by steven k on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: crazy samurai   a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:16 am

this is not your generic bullshito samurai you see in the movies, this is someone who fights with emotion, and does so with deadly accuracy.

stats: 20 point PFS point buy (yes you have to use point buy)
14 5
14 5 +2
14 5
10 0
13 3
12 2

now remember that the original samurai is a mounted archer, not just a melee fighter with a sword. so with that in mind i made a switch hitting samurai (uses melee and ranged equally effectively).

race: the most obvious choice is human, extra feat extra skill point per level, +2 to a stat of your choice. it better then any other race as far as optimization goes. but elf,half elf, and half orc are ok choices also. halfling would be my second choice IF you dont mind being small.

any way here is the build:
8or9 samurai(S), 2or1 urban barbarian(B), 2 fighter(F)
F,B,S,S,S,S,F then samurai to 12 (take an extra level of barbarian if you would like the rage power and uncanny dodge.)

feats:
(H)point blank(F)TWF(1)**quickdraw**(3)rapid shot(5)Deadly Aim(F)Many Shot(7)Improved TWF(S)Double Slice(9)improved critical (katana)(11)Greater TWF

order of the Ronin, because you know thats why you want to play a samurai lol

you want to play an urban barbarian from the UC because they allow you to chose which stat is increased by your rage ability. i can make my character have a +4 dex for ac reflexes and ranged to hit, Or +4 to strength for damage with my melee weapons, OR +4 to con for 2x your level in hp for the remainder of your rage, which is amazing when mixed with your samurai class abilities, and a +2 to fort saves.

basically this is pretty straight forward in terms of how to play it. seeing as though samurai started out as mounted archers then slowly turned into the katana wielding icons they are today, with the coming of the steel age. this is the epitome of what a samurai is, a warrior who is just as good with ranged attacks as with his sword.

at 12 you will be able to switch between ranged attacks with full viability and 2 weapon attacks. playing a switch hitter has an advantage over a singular focused character in that you can adapt to almost any situation on the fly.

take the example of a solid archer, if you go up against ANY CHARACTER THAT CAN CAST WIND WALL... you're done, you're worthless, until you get a teammate to take care of that issue for you, or you build a character with spell sunder, you're sitting there clicking your heels together saying " there's no place like home,there's no place like home." because you ain't doing shit in combat Dorothy.

on the other side of that coin

lets say you build a melee only character that uses a normal bow. you get into a fight with an enemy that can fly, you get very few attacks with almost 0 modifiers to damage making you near worthless past level 4. so basically in that situation you're sitting there clicking your heels together saying " there's no place like home,there's no place like home." because you ain't doing shit in combat Dorothy.

all joking aside this character will do well in a PFS game because of its adaptability.

**edit** had to change a feat after talking to a friend of mine.we came to the conclusion that taking quickdraw is superior to precise shot because after 1 or 2 rounds you should be in melee not still shooting. so basically:

round 1 shoot (full attack)
round 2 shoot or charge (full attack/standard action)
round 3 melee (full attack)
round 4 repeat

Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;)   a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 1:25 am

here is my monkey man grappler

first off im head over heels in love with the venaran race from B3.

so i made a tetori grappler for my gorilla greatness.

str 10
dex 16 +2
con 12
int 12
wis 16 +2
cha 5

feats:
(1)agile manuvers (m)improved grapple (m)stunning pin(3)weapon finesse(5)choke hold(m)greater grapple(7)jaw breaker(9)bonebreaker(m)pinning knockout(11)rapid grapple(13)neck breaker

my god the tetori is so brutal, the sheer number of abilities that you can toss out during a grapple is amazing, the damage is better then a flurry monk, and at 13th level every round i get to swift action stunning fist, it gets better, that deals 3d6 str or dex damage that is applyed while you are bing suffocated!!! unless im fighting constructs,oozes,or undead im a wrecking ball...

god damn ITS BROKEN!!! then with Qinggong i get true strike, which works amazing with greater grapple, ki leech, and restoration for 2 ki points!! my god who is scared of negative levels when you can standard action remove... everything!

i cant wait to actually play this guy.

i like using dex over strength, for a number of reasons but the main is because dex is an over all better stat to stack. with the new(well pathfinder only) enchant agile weapon, i can use my massive dex score to deal damage, with my cestus, equal to my dex. making strength a useless stat.

now ive decided to use vows, since everyone says how bad they are. i want to try out poverty so i decided to take:

vow of poverty
vow of celibacy
vow of silence
vow of truth

im curious to see how they will effect my game.
Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;)   a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:13 pm

fighter6 (lore warden archetype), cleric 1 (growth domian/travel domain), fighter 5

horse chopper trip/reach 1d10 x3 martial b/s
cestus - 1d4 19-20x2 simple b/p

stats: Lv1 (rolled)
str 19
dex 15
con 16
int 13
wis 15
cha 8

feats:

h iron will
1 doge
f combat reflexes
f improved trip combat expertise
3 improved iron will
f mobility
5 combat patrol
f greater trip
7(cleric) spring attack
9 whirlwind attack
f lunge
11 pin down
f fury's fall

skills: Lv1
acrobatics 3 (+trait if traits are allowed)
knowledge arcana 5
knowledge dungeneering 5
knowledge nature 5
knowledge planes 5
knowledge religion 5

saves: Lv1
fortortitude 5
reflex 2
will 4

most bad ass tank ever! ok not really but very usefull for defending ranged or spell casting characters. combat patrol makes your threaten +5 feet per 5 points of bab (every 5 levels) which means the party rogue/ninja is your best friend AND you threaten for aoo's and flanking while it is active!

Last edited by steven k on Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;)   a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:17 am

i havent finished this character yet but i know what his theme is.

half orc.
1 improved unarmed
f EWP harpoon
f improved grapple
3 quick draw
f
f greater grapple
7 hamatula strike
f
f
f
f
f

this character is a ranged controller, using piercing weapons to grapple opponents, mainly harpoons, then uses the grapple confirmation roll to tie up enemies using the rope from the harpoon. hamatula strike allows for ranged weapons to impale target on a successful hit, then a grapple cmb. using the harpoon moves the grappled target to an adjacent square allowing for a tie up grapple action. this guy effectively chooses who to take out of the fight.

it wont really help with massive enemys with insane CMDs but it will be very effective against squads and groups of npc's that have front and rear ranks, usually fighters in front and casters/ranged in back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;)   a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;) Empty

Back to top Go down

a few characters, a magus, a druid, and a samurai ;)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo :: The Tavern :: Charcters and Builds-
Jump to: