Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo

Forums dedicated to the PFS for Solano county and Yolo.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

Gold Coins : 4824

Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class Empty
PostSubject: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:00 am

So in my quest to be more creative as a roleplayer, I have been thinking of new characters that I would like to create. I have been reading the Jedi Code, and since it is such an elaborate design and lifestyle I have been thinking, how do I build an equivalent class in Pathfinder?

So now some granted notes:
-There are still no light sabers in Pathfinder. So a +1 Flaming sword will have to do.
- There is still no duct tape in Pathfinder. (Although you could use Sovereign Glue and fabric and then use it's counterpart Universal Solvent to get it out.)
- There are no X-Fighters (Only Alchemical Dragons)
- There are holocrons but only in Numeria. (The Tech Future world in Pathfinder)
- And if I really wanted to play a Jedi, I should just play the Star Wars RPG and leave Pathfinder alone. But then, there would be no challenge in it.

So here are my thoughts knowing the above.

- Clerics would actually NOT be a good class. Although Clerics can be atheists in PF, the main issue is that Clerics have neither perception nor the HD to withstand hits in combat as well as Jedi do. The good thing is, is they would be great because they have to meditate as well as they could utilize the force to heal themselves and others. But then there is the fact, that I play Clerics a little too much to be anything new or unique.

- I am currently leaning towards a Samuari/Cavalier. First of all they would get mounts (Like R2D2 and C3P0), and they would be able to have their own codes of order through the Ronin/Knight Errant orders. Their challenges some what work like Force Powers, but they have no spells. But they make great fighters.

-Fighter wise, I am also thinking about taking a Fighter with the Tactician Archtype, this gives the fighter a set of skills that would make them admirable Jedi. Problem is, in taking this archtype, I would lose my bonus feat at 1st level, and I would lose my proficiencies in Heavy Armor and Sheilds. Yes, I could make up for this later, but it messes up my favorite plans of Toughness, Power Attack and Cleave as my first level fighter trio.

-Arcane Caster wise, a Magus would also be a great choice. As they have a Arcane Pool, which could be utilized like Force Powers, but I would still have to deal with Arcane Spell Failure checks if I tried to put something on that would keep me from having to be in the negative every hit I take. (D8 HD)

-And I have not forgotten the Paladin class as well. But my big thing, is that the Jedi order strives to be NG and lean as close as they can to true N. Paladins are LG's and depending on hardcore the campaign, they could hinder the party going out of their way to save and protect the innocent. But their mercies and lay on hands are the best examples of Force Powers. Now if only I could get them to move objects and people.

So that's what I've got so far. Would love to hear what others think.

-Venus
Back to top Go down
http://http:www.geekymanifestos.wordpress.com
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

Gold Coins : 4634

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:54 am

Every thing you want is in the expanded psyonics. remember a jedi IS a psyonic person.

and they even have mind swords that look just like light sabers.

for pfs... well your shit out of luck, unless you want to play a monk with a temple sword. and remember the rules on character flavor, its all allowed unless the gm says no. so no reasonwhy you cant just call a normal bastard sword a "light saber"

but yeah i thought about it and the closest thing you will get to a jedi in PFS is a quaggioni monk, or how ever the hell you spell that, from the ultimate magic, check it out before you settle for a fighter type, or magus that wouldnt be close at all.

Last edited by steven k on Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:03 am

steven k wrote:
Every thing you want is in the expanded psyonics. remember a jedi IS a psyonic person.

and they even have mind swords that look just like light sabers.

for pfs... well your shit out of luck, unless you want to play a monk with a temple sword. and remember the rules on character flavor, its all allowed unless the gm says no. so no reasonwhy you cant just call a normal bastard sword a "light saber"

You are true about Psionics. But I hate psionics, so 3.5 would be out for me. But I think having a flaming on thundering sword would be okay. In the early days of the Jedi, they used swords before lightsabers and they had the same effect. Also there are currently swords that are used to combat lightsabers as well. So a non-lightsaber lightsaber is quite possible.

TBH-I hope Pathfinder never does Psionics. It would ruin Pathfinder for me.
Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:04 am

[quote="LadyStormslayer
You are true about Psionics. But I hate psionics, so 3.5 would be out for me. But I think having a flaming on thundering sword would be okay. In the early days of the Jedi, they used swords before lightsabers and they had the same effect. Also there are currently swords that are used to combat lightsabers as well. So a non-lightsaber lightsaber is quite possible.

TBH-I hope Pathfinder never does Psionics. It would ruin Pathfinder for me. [/quote]

they already have... but its third party so its not PFS legal
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:08 am

I'm okay if 3rd parties do it. But I don't want Paizo to make Psionics. Epic classes, sure. But Psionics are doing too much.
Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 am

LadyStormslayer wrote:
I'm okay if 3rd parties do it. But I don't want Paizo to make Psionics. Epic classes, sure. But Psionics are doing too much.

then you dont have to worry about that, the company that owns the rights to psyonics wont ever allow paizo to publish their material, just like in 3.5.

and after looking at the archetype for Quiggong monk, you spend ki points to use monk abilities that are similar to spells. and those spells can mimmic jedi abilities. throw in 3 levels of fighter for your weapon training and get gloves of dueling, if you mix sohei monk in with quiggong monk you can flurry with your "light saber" and whats best about it... you can choose any one handed bladed weapon to mix with your flurry, which is sweet. then after you take 3 levels of weapon master fighter you can choose any weapon in the game. i mean you could flurry with a great sword... which is so crazy if you think about it lol.

you wont be able to afford this until 9 or 10 in PFS but a flaming(red) icy(blue) or acidic(green) sword with brilliant energy (+6 total enchant =75k or something close) would be a lightsaber minus the awesome sundering.
Back to top Go down
steven k
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 am

ok this is the character i would play if i were making this jedi
Qinggong monk + sensai ***actually scrap the sensai( you would lose out on flurry) , UNLESS you chose to be a dual wield jedi then twf it up.
a better choice would be ,imo, a core monk.
temple sword 1D10 monk weapon

sats
10 str
14 dex
14 con
10 int
16 wis +2 from human (or assimar could be a good choice also)
10 cha

skills perception
acrobatics
knowledge X
knowledge y
deplomacy
sense motive ( if you chose human)

qiggong swaps out ki abilities for spells that are cast similar to a psyonic but not psyonically cast. use your immagination
4th level
hydrolic push = force push. you lose still mind
augery = force sense. you lose slow fall ( you get a better version later on)
6th level

swap out hydrolic push for hydrolic torrent

level 10
swap out

abundent step for ki leech. only because jedi cant teleport Sad

feat selection would take more time, but you could easliy make this character and call it obi wan and people would see the refrence.

if yo're playing a non PFS game you could add more spells to your list of options for your qiggong like suffocate (force choke), dominate person (force persuade), chain lightning(force lightning) expeditious retreat (foce sprint) ect...

i mean the list would never end. you could make a jedi verbatium in a home game, and it wouldnt be broken by any means.
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm

steven k wrote:
ok this is the character i would play if i were making this jedi
Qinggong monk + sensai ***actually scrap the sensai( you would lose out on flurry) , UNLESS you chose to be a dual wield jedi then twf it up.
a better choice would be ,imo, a core monk.
temple sword 1D10 monk weapon

sats
10 str
14 dex
14 con
10 int
16 wis +2 from human (or assimar could be a good choice also)
10 cha

skills perception
acrobatics
knowledge X
knowledge y
deplomacy
sense motive ( if you chose human)

qiggong swaps out ki abilities for spells that are cast similar to a psyonic but not psyonically cast. use your immagination
4th level
hydrolic push = force push. you lose still mind
augery = force sense. you lose slow fall ( you get a better version later on)
6th level

swap out hydrolic push for hydrolic torrent

level 10
swap out

abundent step for ki leech. only because jedi cant teleport Sad

feat selection would take more time, but you could easliy make this character and call it obi wan and people would see the refrence.

if yo're playing a non PFS game you could add more spells to your list of options for your qiggong like suffocate (force choke), dominate person (force persuade), chain lightning(force lightning) expeditious retreat (foce sprint) ect...

i mean the list would never end. you could make a jedi verbatium in a home game, and it wouldnt be broken by any means.

A monk would work. I'm doing it for an online game, so the Monk's stats would be totally different. And I'm not too sold on a Temple Sword aesthetically. But I would consider it a contender.
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:29 pm

I've been also looking into the Ranger class as well. But I've yet to find a build that works. But I am still not well versed in Ranger yet. Suggestions for a Ranger build anyone?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class   Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating a Jedi Equivialent Class
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo :: The Tavern :: Charcters and Builds-
Jump to: