Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo

Forums dedicated to the PFS for Solano county and Yolo.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jade Regent Adventure Path

Go down 
+2
Brandon Edwards
quartermouse
6 posters
AuthorMessage
quartermouse
GameMaster
GameMaster

Gold Coins : 4594

Jade Regent Adventure Path Empty
PostSubject: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:18 pm

Staring on 2/10, I will be running the Jade Regent adventure path on Friday nights. It will be every other Friday, starting on the 10th (so the... next one will be 2/24).

This is NOT the same as the PFS encounters. The PFS encounters are single shot modules, where this is a long adventure. There are 6 books to the series, so this Path can take us well through 2012 and into 2013 to play. As this is a major undertaking (not only for me, but for you as players), I am instituting the following House Rules for my table:

1) If you miss 3 sessions without notifying me, you will be dropped. I cannot stress this one enough. The nature of an adventure path means that the party will need everyone. I do understand that Life happens (illness, vacation, etc.), but at the same time, it is also your responsibility to the party and yourself to notify us when you can't make it. If you decide that this path isn't something you want to play, then let me know.

2) All characters will start at Level 1. 3,000gp to start. NO MAGICAL ITEMS in the initial build. If a player drops out and a new person joins, you will see me on the parameters of your build.

3) 4d6, drop the low roll. You're all adults, so I will trust you for the rolls. If something smells fishy upon sheet check, I will have you re-roll it in front of me. Nothing lower than 10.

4) SMART ROLEPLAYERS!! This is another big one for me. Sure, we can have some funny moments and such, but for the majority of the time, I want players that understand how to work on a team and understand that it's not all about how bad-ass you can be, but how your actions effect the world around you. If you sit at my table, I will give you 100% as a GM and I expect the same of my players.

I am willing to take 6 players at my table. If there are more than 6 players, I will toss everyone's name in a hat and draw names at the store in full view of everyone.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks and I'm looking forward to this adventure
Back to top Go down
Brandon Edwards
GameMaster
GameMaster
Brandon Edwards

Gold Coins : 4613

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 am

I hereby announce my desire for a spot a this table.

Also, what is your ruling on the crafting firearms part of the gunsmithing feat?
Back to top Go down
Darrin

Gold Coins : 4590

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 4:17 am

i claimed a spot at the other post, doing it here also, and what books are allowed and is anything in those books not allowed. not trying to break the game here, just don't want to show up with a character that uses something that isn't allowed.
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

Gold Coins : 4824

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 6:52 am

Brandon Edwards wrote:
I hereby announce my desire for a spot a this table.

Also, what is your ruling on the crafting firearms part of the gunsmithing feat?

You must RSVP through the calendar to get onto the list! Go now!
Back to top Go down
http://http:www.geekymanifestos.wordpress.com
Brandon Edwards
GameMaster
GameMaster
Brandon Edwards

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Well my second statement/question still stands. also, are advanced firearms going to be allowed? Not planning on starting with one, just want to know.

EDIT: i want to know what classes are allowed as well.
Back to top Go down
Fowah
Admin
Admin
Fowah

Gold Coins : 4625

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 10:45 am

Brandon Edwards wrote:
Well my second statement/question still stands. also, are advanced firearms going to be allowed? Not planning on starting with one, just want to know.

EDIT: i want to know what classes are allowed as well.

I would like to know this as well.
What books are allowed/Restricted.
Classes
Weapons
Armor
And so on.
Back to top Go down
https://pfssolano.forumotion.com
quartermouse
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Questions Answered   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:14 pm

All classes are open. Only races from the Core Rulebook are playable. In terms of weapons, armor, and such, if it's published in a Paizo product, I will allow it.

As for Gunslinger, I would HIGHLY recommend reading the players guide for Jade Regent. It does a class-by-class breakdown for the adventure. They do say that gunsligners will have a difficult time gathering the resources that they will need. If you are interested in this, please send me a note on FB and we'll talk.
Back to top Go down
quartermouse
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Additional Rules   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:19 pm

* All players must have painted minis for this campaign. Minis must be ready to go by the end of March.

* When a player dies, they are out of the campaign. Your name will go to the end of the waiting list. For those players on the waiting list, they will have the first right of refusal. Once everyone on the list has refused, you can get back into the campaign.

* The players will be selected on 2/3, to allow time for character building/tweaking in time for 2/10. The names will be drawn at 6:00pm at OWG.
Back to top Go down
Darrin

Gold Coins : 4590

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:20 am

you say races from the core book, i'm assuming that this means core races only, and not the races from page 403 or whatever that are from the beastiary but work as first level characters.
Back to top Go down
quartermouse
GameMaster
GameMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Correct Darin. Core races only.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Edwards
GameMaster
GameMaster
Brandon Edwards

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 pm

quartermouse wrote:
As for Gunslinger, I would HIGHLY recommend reading the players guide for Jade Regent. It does a class-by-class breakdown for the adventure. They do say that gunsligners will have a difficult time gathering the resources that they will need. If you are interested in this, please send me a note on FB and we'll talk.

Where can I find the Players guide for Jade Regent?
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Because I'm awesome...    Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:44 pm

You may find the players guide for Jade Regent here: http://paizo.com/products/btpy8mh3?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Jade-Regent-Players-Guide --- Tis free, you must downloads, and you are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Indivar

Gold Coins : 4527

PostSubject: Hey there   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:55 pm

Hey its will. i managed to get on here, but it will take a while to figure out how to navigate this thing, and signing up on the calender is currently beyond my skills. if you can just put my name in the hat that would be great. plus i cannot open the players pdf thingy. i miss the days when a pencil and paper game was still a pencil and paper game :/
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Two things:

1) I am getting on the list! thanks work for changing schedules!

2) I will get a printed copy to you Will, I will leave it with Lance this week for reference.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jade Regent Adventure Path   Jade Regent Adventure Path Empty

Back to top Go down

Jade Regent Adventure Path
Page 1 of 1