Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder Society Solano/Yolo

Forums dedicated to the PFS for Solano county and Yolo.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

Gold Coins : 4824

A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path Empty
PostSubject: A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path   A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Starting Feb 3rd and running on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of every month, I am going to be running a fun blend of Serpent's Skull and Skulls and Shackles. The entire set is designed to make you all become full fledged pirates through treasure hunting and political intrigue. But be advised, this adventure is not for the power players who only know how to fight, for your own deaths will be quick and merciless. I am only looking for the smart and wise. Sounds like you? Well here are the character building rules..

Campaign Info:

Adventure: Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles
Date: 1st and 3rd Fridays of the Month
Time: 6pm to 11pm
GM: Venus De Coy

Character Build Requirements:

All characters start at Level 2 with 2,500gp to spend. No magical items are allowed. (MW weapons /armor with no magic are ok)

You may purchase weapons, armor, non-magical supplies, potions and scrolls from the CRB, APG, UM, and UC at this time at regular cost. No items will be allowed from the Adventurer's Armory, and the only items that will be allowed from The PFS Field Guide is the Dungeonering, Climbing, and Pathfinder Kits.

30 Point Buy ONLY-No stats below 10. EDIT: This is before and AFTER racial modifiers.. With 30 points, you should be okay to balance your character.

ONLY Core Classes and Races are allowed (CRB, APG, UM, UC)

No evil alignments

No multi-classing will be allowed...Ever.. Don't even ask or try to justify your case, the answer will be no.

Archtypes and specialty builds will be approved on a case by case basis. You must see me before creating your character specialty - no exceptions.

Feats must come from Paizo publishings only. You must give reference to the feat if it is not from any of the core books.

The only two feats that is not allowed are: Crafting Arms and Armor and Amateur Gunslinger. The Leadership feat is available but will be dealt with privately on a case by case basis.

Traits from APG are valid with the exception of Campaign Traits. You may use the Campaign traits from Serpent's Skull Players Guide or the Skulls and Shackles Guide (coming in Feb)

How Our Adventures Will Work:

I will currently accept six at my table. Please RSVP online and remember that this is a part of our Pay-To-Play program. If you do not pay, you cannot play and there will be no exceptions to the rule. If there is an overflow, I will draw names from a hat. If you do not get in, I will still count your appearance towards your leveling and will credit it accordingly the next time you play.

You will play and receive an original “Chronicle Sheet” at the end of the session. It will detail the gold acquired and any bonuses you may receive. It will also have items that players will be allowed to purchase at anytime after the session as well as leveling accordingly.

Players will level after two consecutive sessions attended. It will be put on your character sheet that you will be allowed to level.

I will not kick out players from my table for attendance issues, but if you do not attend regularly, it puts the players in a bind. So attending is important, especially since we only play twice a month! Those who do not attend regularly, will be required to start over to level up (meaning you gotta get another two session to level). I will be keeping track as to who will level and who will not level.

Tips to Surviving—I mean Successfully Playing at my Table:

I have a strict NO LAPTOPS AT THE TABLE POLICY. And it will be enforced. Can't roll with that, then don't sign up. Come prepared to do things the old-fashioned way.

Read The Players Guide to Serpent's Skull!!! It will help you build a character that will help your party and not hinder it. Remember, you aren't Pathfinder Society members anymore, so you don't have their protection.

Make two characters, so if your first one goes, you can jump right back in with a second.

Come prepared to play! We will start at 6pm sharp, so be ready to game!! I will be ready for you, so if you come unprepared, you will be asked to leave the table!

Build smart and play smart! Be a team player! Don't just be a tank that only knows how to hit and do nothing else. Because if so, your death will come quick and without mercy.

To my power players-Be forewarned, that I can and WILL hit you. HARD. No matter how high you make your AC. So make sure your character knows how to handle hits from swords and other things as well.

Make sure you can at least work your way out of things. Fighting is not always wise.

You are going to be on boats. Accept it, or don't play.

Good Tactics + Good Roleplay – Bad Attitudes = Survival and Fun Times!

Sounds like a challenge you wish to accept? RSVP now and check out the Players Guide! Click or copy the link to read up and hoping to see you soon! --- https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7VnFgPRWNAQOWJjNmQ3YWItMDAzOC00OWIxLThjMmQtOWFmZDQzYjY1NDFj[u]

Last edited by LadyStormslayer on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:39 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : formatting stuffs)
Back to top Go down
http://http:www.geekymanifestos.wordpress.com
quartermouse
GameMaster
GameMaster

Gold Coins : 4594

A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path   A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:19 am

What about Inner Sea World Guide?
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Re: A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path   A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 am

quartermouse wrote:
What about Inner Sea World Guide?

No, only because I will be utilizing special items, races and information from the Inner Sea Guide. So no Andori Dueling Swords off the bat for you Eric.

At least for now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Brandon Edwards
GameMaster
GameMaster
Brandon Edwards

Gold Coins : 4613

PostSubject: Re: A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path   A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:46 pm

I am assuming that the "no stat below 10" is before racial modifiers?
Also, are words of power allowed?
Back to top Go down
LadyStormslayer

LadyStormslayer

PostSubject: Re: A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path   A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:36 am

Brandon Edwards wrote:
I am assuming that the "no stat below 10" is before racial modifiers?
Also, are words of power allowed?

The stats below 10 should also include your racial modifiers. With a 30 point buy, I see no issue with you giving up a point or two to balance out.

Words of Power are also out. You have the spell list of the Pathfinder Rulebooks. That really should be good enough as is.

Again.. Balance is the key to survival! Build well!
Back to top Go down
Brandon Edwards
GameMaster
GameMaster
Brandon Edwards

Gold Coins : 4613

PostSubject: Re: A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path   A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 pm

Im rsvp'ing for tonights game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path   A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path Empty

Back to top Go down

A Pirate's Life For Me!--The Serpent's Skull/Skulls and Shackles Adventure Path
Page 1 of 1